SooForums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drunk driving

2 posters

Go down

drunk driving Empty drunk driving

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 pm

I believe that any vehicle of any sorts should not be allowed in the vicinity of any bar, no exceptions unless employees. I understand if a person wants to drink and drive they can still park away somewhere then walk there but hopefully this inconvenience may deter them from doing it in the first place. There is absolutely no need to show off your car or vehicle at the bar to go and hop in after and cause an accident.

I know when i go for walks I am fully aware of my surroundings looking out defensively around me and not taking anything for granted, I always watch behind me and ahead of me for some drunk driver. I believe it is the persons responsibility to watch out for themselevs as well instead of taking it for granted that its safe to walk outside, just like driving is defensive same as your walking.

No cars or vehicle allowed within vicinity of bar or will be towed away. This problem will not be stopped fully as long as people have the rights to own a vehicle!

Taken from Sootoday.com:

What a stupid post, id say just can all cars from any bars alltogether!

Would you support a law requiring breath alcohol detecting devices as standard equipment on every registered vehicle?

THIS IS STUPID!!! SO STUPID!!!!!

Back to top Go down

drunk driving Empty Re: drunk driving

Post by Perfect Insanity Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:57 pm

I would support the breath alcohol devices in cars but again, it can always be defeated. All you need is a friend who hasnt drank to breath for you. Drinking and driving will never go away sadly enough
Perfect Insanity
Perfect Insanity
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-06-05

https://sooforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:10 pm

People should only cab it or taxi or get dropped off or bus it to the bar. There is no need for one to take their car there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Insanity Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Yeah they should but we live in a society that has quite a few stupid people in it.
Perfect Insanity
Perfect Insanity
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:46 am

This is quite exteme for something that simply requires a DD.

There are people out there who don't realize how much they drink but the bar is suppose to know how drunk a customer is and make sure that they get a safe ride home.

Brian

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Insanity Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:19 am

With some people it is almost impossible to tell how much they have had to drink because they act the same. The exception being that they wobble but how can they wobble if they dont stand up before they leave.
Perfect Insanity
Perfect Insanity
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Brian wrote:This is quite exteme for something that simply requires a DD.

There are people out there who don't realize how much they drink but the bar is suppose to know how drunk a customer is and make sure that they get a safe ride home.

Isn't it extreme when someone dies at the hands of a drunk driver??? I think so.

In order for it to get through peoples thick skulls they cant showoff their car at the bar anymore, see how they like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Insanity Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:50 am

There will always be drunk driving related deaths wherever you go and no matter how hard you try to stop it. Stupid people will drink at home, then drive. All the banning of cars at bars is only gonna hurt the bars in the end.
Perfect Insanity
Perfect Insanity
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:29 am

mooochi wrote:

Isn't it extreme when someone dies at the hands of a drunk driver??? I think so.

I never implied that it wasn't, I'm against drunk driving as much as the next person.

mooochi wrote:In order for it to get through peoples thick skulls they cant showoff their car at the bar anymore, see how they like that.

So what is going to happen downtown? There are bars but there are also other buisnesses that would suffer.
Also Bostons Pizza has a bar does that mean that I have to park at Soo Mill or across the street just to eat diner?

Brian

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:49 am

Brian wrote:
mooochi wrote:

I never implied that it wasn't, I'm against drunk driving as much as the next person.

mooochi wrote:In order for it to get through peoples thick skulls they cant showoff their car at the bar anymore, see how they like that.

So what is going to happen downtown? There are bars but there are also other buisnesses that would suffer.
Also Bostons Pizza has a bar does that mean that I have to park at Soo Mill or across the street just to eat diner?

Yeah i feel for the businesses but doesnt it just make more sense not bringing your car there? I mean how hard is it to cab it or DD it there?? I just came from a bar yesterday and was just leaving and I saw someone drinking from a bottle in the parking lot with 2 more friends, I was afraid to know what he was drinking hopefully not alcohol cause it looked as if they were just gonna leave, drunk and all. I mean is it wrong to squeal out on someone thats drinking and driving, had a few or more before getting behind the wheel?? I mean it is wrong to rat out on someone you either know or don't but not just for your own safety of gettin involved, but making an enemy in the process. Or would ratting them out teach them a lesson not to drink andd drive, or just let the Police handle it and maybe at that its too late and some innocent person might get killed in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum